I’m excited to announce registration is now open for photography 108! I’m calling it “108″ because it’s like the photo 101 class, but 8 hours long. =). This is going to be an intensive day long class which I don’t think anyone will regret attending! I’m limiting this class to four people per day, so it will be small, intense and a ton of fun!
The class will be split into 4 different sections.
1. How to use your camera. This will include all the basics I lectured on in Photo 101 with an additional practicum to try each concept as we go. It will include:
- Concepts and practice using, shutter speed, aperture, ISO speeds, Kalvin temperatures/white balance and the light meter.
- How to use your focus points and what AI servo mode is.
- The pros and cons of different lenses, how to use them, and which ones you should buy
2. Practice! We are going to go to the park and spend some time creating really fun images in different light settings.
3. Lunch + Starbucks
4. Photoshop. Half of your photography style is how you use Photoshop. The last part of the class I’m going to cover the following
- Archiving you photos
- Using Lightroom (sorting, cropping, color correcting, spot removal, and web albums)
- Using Photoshop (re-working your images to perfection, and fine art texturing)
A few other things to note:
- FULL – Saturday March 28th 2009, 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Saturday April 11th 2009, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Where: My Studio
Who: The first 4 people to register for each day.
Why: Because learning to create better images is fun and exciting!
How much: $175 includes the whole day of instruction, handouts, snacks, water, and your choice of any drink at Starbucks.
Blog post from Photography 101
Testimonials from last time: