Well I need to say that I think Eucalyptus Lane is my new favorite wedding location. I’m sad the owners will be closing it in a few weeks. There are so many things I loved about the wedding I think I will just list them in no particular order.
1. I loved the old piano sitting out front by the fence!
2. The rustic feel of the barn was awesome!
3. All the happy people. (ok most weddings have happy people but this was no exception)
4. Jeanette’s dress. Gorgeous
5. As a guy I’m not supposed to like shoes but I think I liked them even more than the dress. =).
6. The ceremony with the sun setting behind the trees.
7. The bathrooms were cool.
8. The huge difficulty Jon had getting the knife into the cake (made me laugh).
9. Jeanette’s mom’s dress was awesome also.
10. The coordinator. (awesome job and friendly)
11. Albert dancing with his mom.
12. The band (the same one at Bobby and Kristin’s wedding last year)
There were other things, but over all the day just felt comfortable and fun. Love it!
I put together a slideshow, but I couldn’t decide which song to use, so I just made two slideshows each with a different song. Let me know which one you like better. Cassia was second shooting for me so I included a couple of her photos in the slideshow as well. =)
Also, I already have all the proofs up with 500 some additional photos. Just click the “view proofs” button on the bottom of this post!
I LOVE Union Station in L.A. I think for me it’s just the grandeur of something big and ornate from the past. Before air travel became common, and before LAX was built, Union Station used to be the central hub for everyone entering Los Angeles. It was their first impression of our city, and for many it was the gateway to adventure. I love living in L.A. but I also love going around the world and visiting other places. The world has become so globalized I guess Union Station takes me back to a time where visiting a new place was more unique. =)
However, the subject of this post isn’t the story of Union Station, it’s the story of Steven and Carolyn! I think Carolyn first contacted me over a year ago, but Saturday was the first chance we had to get together and do some photos before their wedding. It was actually Carolyn’s idea to start the session out with a little bit more of a vintage feel at the train station and then go from there! I love the idea and think it came out really well. Steven and Carolyn also just had their first dance lesson in preparation for their wedding, so they showed me a few steps on the platform! As we wandered around, I also got to hear a good deal about the wedding, and it sounds like it’s going to be a ton of fun! San Francisco here I come- again! =)